1. Find your weight in the left hand column
2. Match your weight with the number of “Drinks” you have consumed
3. Subtract .015 for each hour that you have been drinking to compensate for alcohol that your body has processed during that time
Things To Consider
1. This is only an ESTIMATE
2. The “Limit” in North Carolina is 0.08…however, this does NOT mean you cannot be charged if you blow less than 0.08
3. Each “Drink” is equal to 12 ounces of regular beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1 ounce of 90 proof liquor
4. If you have a high alcohol beer or a “generously” poured liquor drink or glass of wine then make sure to count that as two drinks
5. Example: If you weigh 140 pounds and have had 5 drinks in 3 hours
0.134 – (0.015 x 3) = 0.134-0.45 = 0.089 BAC
6. The YELLOW ZONE is above the legal limit in NC (before taking time into consideration)
7. IF YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING AND CAN’T DO THE MATH, THEN YOU DON’T NEED TO DRIVE!!
If you or someone you know has been charged with DWI in North Carolina, contact a TarHeel Lawyer at www.TarHeelLawyers.com for answers to your specific questions.